It is a place for people to connect, to ask questions and to discuss so that together we may build the future of music for young people and the access to high quality live music experiences that entertain and educate.
The search for shining eyes
YAM (Young Audiences Music) is an international platform for everyone working to bring live music to children and youth.
YAMspace, an online platform that provides industry professionals with an environment where to share, discuss and access information that will enable them to better their work. YAM makes up over 40% of JMI’s activities with 14,000 concerts annually across the world.
FIND OUT MORE ON YAM'S WEBSITE!
Discover the history of YAM, read about the previous YAMawards recipients, listen to selected performances and find out how to get involved!
The Blackboard Music Project
The Blackboard Music Project is an international development and exchange project aimed at increasing the quality and quantity of concerts for Young Audiences in Europe. The project is a cooperation between ten different partner organisations - all members of Jeunesses Musicales International (JMI) - represented in eight European countries. Levende Musik i Skolen (LMS) coordinates the project from their offices in Denmark.
The project encompasses three YAMsessions (young audiences music conferences with live producing, the YAMawards, keynotes, talks, workshops and live showcases) as well as six national YAM Showcases that will take place in the different partner countries up until the end of 2016. The events will allow Young Audiences professionals to meet for the exchange of ideas and inspiration as well as productions. The aim is to strengthen the international network, to share expertise and knowledge and to promote the international exchange of concerts for children and youth.
The project was launched in November 2014 in Umeå, Sweden where the first project YAMsession took place.
All of the experience and information gained during the project will be assembled on the project website yamspace.org. YAMspace is an international platform for everyone working to bring live music to children and youth. Here you’ll find news, events, a toolkit featuring best practices, training videos, interviews, articles, research and much more.
· Levende Musik i Skolen (LMS), Denmark;
· Jeunesses Musicales International (JMI);
· Jeunesses Musicales Croatia;
· Jeugd en Muziek Vlaanderen, Belgium;
· Jeunesses Musicales Wallonie-Bruxelles, Belgium;
· Konserttikeskus, Finland;
· Jeunesses Musicales France,
· Jeunesses Musicales Macedonia;
· Rikskonsertene, Norway;
· Jeunesses Musicales Sverige, Sweden.
· Jeunesses Musicales Serbia is an associated partner.
· November 6-8th, 2014 YAM Session, Umeå, Sweden
· January 10-11th, 2015 Showcase JMFrance, Paris, France
· April 4th, 2015 Showcase JMVlaanderen, Brussels, Belgium
· September 14-16th, 2015 YAM Session, Zagreb, Croatia
· October 25-27th, 2015, Musik i Tide Festival, LMS, Billund, Denmark
· December 2015, Body Rythm Factory tours Festival Tout’Ouïe, Paris, France
· March 10-11th, 2016, Korvat Kävelylle, Konserttikeskus, Finland
· April 14th, 2016 Showcase JMWallonie Bruxelles, Belgium
· October 25th-27th YAM Session 2016, Larvik, Norway